Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday Again!

Here we are another week of winter has begun. The good thing is today is March 1. Yeah!!! I am so ready for springtime. We have arrived into the month where that will begin. I have been longing for this since, well I guess October. I am so not a cold weather person.

Well I guess it's time I let the cat out of the bag, so to speak. I don't really have a cat in a bag.

I started my new get Healthy plan last Monday. I have made a vow to myself to get healthy and fit. Yes I know I need to lose weight and that is part of the reason why I have started this. I am tired of always complaining about being tired all of the time and having no energy. I live such a dormant lifestyle and that is all about to change.
What am I doing you say?
I have vowed to exercise at least 5 days per week. I started walking on the elliptical last Monday and walked on it everyday Monday through Friday. I did not walk on it Saturday or Sunday. I plan on doing this from now on, weekly. I am not going to step on a scale. I am cutting out soft drinks, well not entirely. I am allowing myself one Diet Coke or Diet Dr Pepper first thing each morning and hopefully will eventually cut them out entirely. Hopefully this will keep headaches from creeping up. I am drinking water with all other meals. I did really good last week. I am trying to eat more fruits and veggies. I am not going to eat fried foods any more. With Spring right around the corner hopefully the exercising will become easier and the weather will motivate me more. Kevin is with me on this journey and we are taking Haley also. We need to teach her to eat better and to stay active. My family is most important to me and we all need to be healthy and active together.

Running has always been a passion of mine since High school. I just haven't done it. I use to run Cross Country and it felt so good. Now that I'm older I don't think I would feel comfortable running by myself. Maybe I can get in better shape via Elliptical and I can run at the school when it gets warmer. I know this is not going to be easy but I am going to try and stay motivated. I must do this for MYSELF. I am so miserable.

Signing out for now.

Happy March 1st everyone.

Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment